Monday, July 26, 2010

Updates: During the Opening Ceremony


Mr. Lau Weng San giving opening speech, addressing security issues as well.


Guest of Honour: YB Datuk Donald Lim


Part of the crowd, at the booth's sheltered area

Finally, our RT booth officially re-opened. Too bad it was raining last night, maybe that's why there wasn't a huge crowd as expected. Light refreshments include mee goreng, nasi lemak and even rojak! To be frank, nice food, shame on the weather.

Performance wise, I must say I enjoy watching the 'mask changing' performance. I am not sure was it only my house or what but apparently I DID NOT receive any mailer with regards to the RT Opening Ceremony as mentioned earlier.

Fortunately Mr. Jimmy informed me earlier through email, else I think I would have missed the whole event. Did the rest of you folks, minus the family members of the RT committee board knew about the ceremony?

Well, yeah, they did hang a banner at the booth about the opening but what if we didn't drive pass that road last week? Anyway, maybe the rain turned away alot of keen residents but don't worry, I'll try to update you all on the speech by Mr. Lau Weng San regarding security issues - that's our main concern here.

He gave the speech in Mandarin - sadly I can't understand Mandarin. Will try to meet up with him personally within this week to get a clearer, translated version on his speech last night. Stay tuned to this blog to find out more updates on suggestions & views to improve the security in our neighbourhood.


Our Target / Vision

Monthly fee : RM50 / household
No. of participation : 144 houses

No comments:

Post a Comment