Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Proposal & Views - 1st Step

Dear all,

I actually started this page in order to gather more views and vote from fellow residents in Sea Park about having a "Patrol or Gated Security Scheme" for our neighbourhood. I am NOT a representative from any security company or related in any way. I am just a common resident of Sea Park who wants to take a step towards a secured, stress-free neighbourhood for my family and neighbours. I don't think there is a need to elaborate about the crime rates around us, surely we read the newspapers, discussed about it over lunch time, we just had enough of all those.
Now it is time for us to seek a solution, prevention, do something about it!

Surely we are aware that more than 50% of the areas in PJ have patrolled security or some form of neighbourhood watch. Then back to us, do we want the same too? It's pretty odd to be one of the last few spot in PJ housing which does not have a single form of neighbourhood security, a little more 'exposed' to threats of crimes - my personal opinion. To be honest, I miss those days where I see the aunties can chit chat in front of their house without worrying some 'weirdos' will suddenly held a knife over their neck. Even number of joggers has dropped as well. Let us give a small thoughts on the questions below:

a) Do we want to live in a neighbourhood where the kids can actually cycle around, without worrying some 'aimless, suspicious looking' motorcyclist?

b) Do we want to be able to jog around our neighbourhood without carrying a stick/baseball bat as a protection tool?

c) Do we know our neighbour close enough to keep watch for our house while we are away for work or holidays?

I drove around the SS2B area during the weekend and seems like their patrol security scheme is doing pretty well. Neighbourhood kids at the park, some joggers (without a baseball bat) and the patrol bikes are doing their routine roundings. Then I thought, this whole security patrol isn't that bad at all! Yes, we have a nice neighbourhood too but I think it is about time we should take a further step in securing our neighbourhood's safety while things are still in control.


First Move - Contacts (never ending phone calls)

I actually contacted few security companies before and since I am just a regular resident, none of them was interested to even give me a quote. Yes, I tried proposing to our Rukun Tetangga 6 months ago as my very first move but seems like they have other things to work on (ie, the new committees, new booth). After going through few contacts and finally one security company, Sri Lara Joint Security Services S/B which is currently servicing a part of SS2 and TTDI areas, showed their interest and actually offered to give a briefing about their service.

I am no 'hero' nor leader, just a regular resident who hope for a better and secured neighbourhood where we can perform our daily activities without fear, our children can play, ladies can go about without hugging their bag tightly (despite standing at their own front gate), we can jog more carefree, etc.

Please share your views here and please vote (at the right of this page) to support our vision for a secured neighbourhood for Sea Park!

No comments:

Post a Comment